Race Day Amenities
The success of our race depends on each runner's individual experience. Throughout the race's history, strict detail has been paid to making our race a unique experience for every runner.
Race day amenities available to runners include the following:
• T-shirts to all participants.
• 110 portable toilets
• 7,000 square feet of tents for food, registration and medical purposes.
• Outdoor fitness expo featuring discount fitness retailers.
• One of the country's best race sound systems which allows runners to hear the starting instructions at the 20K, 5K, and Kids Run starts.
• Computer access to runner's files allows us to individually greet many runners as they finish.
• Results posted within 15 minutes of an individual's finishing time.
• Race course entirely closed to traffic.
• 13 water stations - all with Gatorade and one with GU Gel.
• High profile mile markers and digital clocks posted every mile.
• A post-race party which features one of Connecticut's most popular dance bands.
• 14 Bands on the race course.
A complimentary post-race meal which includes:
- 3,000 cookies
- 2,000 bagels & 8,000 Dunkin' Donuts Munchkins
- 1,500 Kayem Hot Dogs
- 2,400 cups of yogurt
- 8,000 scoops of Turkey Hill Ice Cream
- 4,000 bananas
- 2,500 apples
- 5,000 cups of Red Hook beer
- 7,000 loaves of Chabaso Bread
- 10,000 Crystal Rock water bottles